What an exciting homestand it was in Anaheim this past week. I was at all of these games except the day game on Wednesday. If they would have had the chance to clinch with the win only (not have to wait for Rangers to lose later) then I would have made an effort to be there.
- Monday – The Halos clobbered the Yankees and there was a benchclearing brawl.
- Wednesday – The Angels beat the Yanks and then waited until the Rangers lost and celebrated their clinch of the AL West Division. The earliest it’s been done in the West.
- Thursday – I was able to hold the flag on the field for the National Anthem and caught a ball during BP that Ichiro hit. A nice souvenir from the game in which Francisco Rodriguez tied the major league saves record.
- Friday – Mike Napoli hits a two-run walkoff shot in the bottom of the ninth.
- Saturday – Francisco Rodriguez breaks the all-time single season saves record.
- Sunday – Chone Figgins hits a walkoff hit to score Sean Rodriguez.